Newbie query: Ubuntu vs openSUSE

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sun Dec 25 13:37:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 08:01:05 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:

>> > Bad, not a good language, behave like Liam! Shame on you!
>>
>> I have no idea what you're talking about!
>
> I'm not sure, but I think he means the way the text is written. IMHO it
> intimidates people, especially newbies. When I first read that text, I
> thought the author meant to say: "Don't ask questions unless you have
> spent a long time to do everything else possible to find a solution. And
> if you then really need to ask, prove to us that you have done your
> homework." Therefore I would never point anyone to that text even though
> the contents is useful. It is just the way it is written which makes it
> a bad text.

And it may not be useful at all. It's not that hard to make the problemm
*worse* by doing "everything else possible to find a solution".
Then, when the newbie finally requests help from the list, the people on
the list have to deal with a completely messed up system.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com