Synergy issues on Ubuntu 11.10/ Gnome Shell - mouse not going left

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 15 18:11:10 UTC 2011

	Got an annoying one here, using Synergy on 3 machines:
Synergy Server: Ubuntu 11.10, using Gnome shell, Synergy 1.3.6
Client 1: laptop, dual boot Win7 Enterprise & Ubuntu 11.10 Gnome Shell.
Synergy 1.3.6 on both.
Client 2: Mac OSX 10.5, Synergy 1.3.8

The synergy.conf file has them setup in a circle, in that order:

Mac - Laptop - Server - (and circle back to the Mac)

	What annoying/odd, is that on the Server, if I push the mouse to the
left edge (headed for the laptop), it hits a "wall". Unless I have a
window butted up against that edge. And once I have a window like that,
I can only cross over from that window; not from a visible desktop area
below that.
	Seems like the Gnome Shell taskbar there interrupts the Synergy there...

	synergy-foss.org is aware of this:
http://synergy-foss.org/tracker/issues/2958
  and someone has built Synergy 1.3.8 into a PPA:
"...Updated by Bernard Duggan 17 days ago
If any Ubuntu 11.10 users need it, I've created a PPA with 1.3.8 and
Xinya's patch (thanks Xinya!). You can grab it with

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bubuntu-guarana/synergy

Please be aware that I'm not an experienced packager, and I've just
gotten this to the point where it "seems to work for me" :)..."

	Which fixes the issue of the mouse hitting the left-side "wall"; but it
crashes every few minutes.

Anyone else run into this?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes