Open Office and / or Libre Office

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Tue Dec 13 07:19:16 UTC 2011

On 13 December 2011 05:20, LinuxIsOne <reallife at hmamail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ric, that's just completely absolutely wrong.
>> Read again, I said "in theory" and "Some have reported success doing the
>> LTS
>> to LTS upgrade". So, just how it that completely absolutely wrong? You
>> need
>> to brush up on your reading skills, IMHO, before making such a declarative
>> statement.
<snip>
> Ric, might be Hakan just wrote your name but his intention was something
> different I guess. I read and have found LTS to LTS upgradations successful
> too.

No, the target is Ric. Spreading FUD is just that. FUD.

What matters is what is tested and supported by Ubuntu and they only
support and test the scenarios I have outlined. I had already
mentioned my recommendation on how to upgrade from a very old non-LTS
release to the next 12.04 or from 10.04LTS to 11.10 - if separate home
directory is used, reinstalling will be easier, especially for a home
user.

Since you are an absolutely clueless newbie (obvious from your various
mails to various different mailing lists)( or a troll, hope not), what
answers you are given are important since it looks like you follow
them w/o any additional research.