Open Office and / or Libre Office

LinuxIsOne reallife at hmamail.com
Mon Dec 12 11:25:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan at koseoglu.org> wrote:

> LTS can upgrade to interim releases but to go to 11.10, you will have
> to go through every single release in between. If you wait until 12.04
> is out, you can go straight into that without going through interim
> releases.

> Any release can have issues, see the release notes before attempting
> an upgrade. On the other hand, the only upgrades tested and supported
> by Ubuntu are LTS to LTS, LTS to the next non-LTS release, non-LTS
> release to the next non-LTS release, without any jumps.

> If you have set up a separate home directory, it would be
> significantly easier to reinstall the latest non-LTS version, if you
> are in a hurry to use something more upto date.

Well since I am new (absolutely) in the Linux so it really doesn't
matter for me if I am using the latest version or not. But definitely
I can wait and install in April the next LTS version.

Right now I have three partitions:-

/home
/
swap

and I hope that LTS -> LTS upgradation would go on smooth in April/May
'12. There is no problem if I wait.....But I hope that there would not
be anything people say of Unity in 12.04 at least.....which I heard
with the other releases (non-LTS). Am I right?