Xournal: how to use for an existing pdf?

DEF shaker.doc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:57:40 UTC 2011

On Dec 6, 2011 8:33 PM, "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/06/2011 11:54 AM, LinuxIsOne wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Oliver Grawert<ogra at ubuntu.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> for openoffice there is openoffice.org-pdfimport
>>

>> But using it is troublesome, I cannot save the PDF normally since for
>> whatever way I choose to save using this, some lines come
>> automatically in between in the exported pdf!
>

> The entire idea of a pdf file to is maintain the integrity of it,
otherwise you could take someone else's work, make some edits and claim it
as your own. If ~you~ composed a document for conversion to pdf, then you
can likely edit the source document and convert again to pdf, because you
created it.

> Just maybe someone doesn't want you to take their work and dink with it,
so they published it in pdf format to be released. Just ask the original
author of the pdf for the source document and get their approval to make
changes to it. Simple really. I keep ALL of my source documents in a
directory so I can safely edit them again, to convert to pdf files. But, I
own them. Evidentially, you don't. :) Ric

Surely no. The only reason may not be to change people's source docs!!!
There could be many other reasons for editing a pdf like completing a form
that is supplied as pdf instead of printing out and using a typewriter or
block letters (as the requirement might be).
Unless for a document created by pdfcups, the sun pdf import extension of
open office draw does the trick for me.
Greetings
Def