Problems with Firefox on 11.04

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Tue Dec 6 11:28:37 UTC 2011

Chris Green wrote:

> The first problem is that I can't even see what version of Firefox it
> is as the main menus have disappeared (that's the File, Tools and
> other menus, including the Help menu which tells you which version of
> Firefox you have).  How on earth do I get those menus back?

They've probably moved to be accessible through the 'Firefox' button to
the left of the tab bar.
If you click on that, choose 'Preferences' and then check 'Menu Bar'
the menu bar should reappear at the top.

> Is there any way to get back to the old layout where the tabs are
> actually above the pages they refer to?

I think turning off tabs-on-top is the closest available. I find it
hard to believe that sidebar behaviour is intentional, too.

--
Avi