Problems with Firefox on 11.04

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 6 10:33:59 UTC 2011

I have just upgraded my system to xubuntu 11.04 and I have a couple of
problems with the version of Firefox it has installed.

The first problem is that I can't even see what version of Firefox it is

as the main menus have disappeared (that's the File, Tools and other
menus, including the Help menu which tells you which version of Firefox

you have).  How on earth do I get those menus back?

Secondly the new Tab layout is a pain, I've turned off 'Tabs on top' but

the tabs are still in a sill place because the leftmost tab sits above

the sidebar, not above the web display area.  Is there any way to get
back to the old layout where the tabs are actually above the pages they
refer to?

--
Chris Green