error on burning cd via brasero

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 31 01:32:10 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 07:42 AM, roberto wrote:
> Hello, i received the folowing error while burning a CD image:
> BraseroLibburn SCSI error condition on command 2Ah WRITE(10): [3 0C
> 00] Write error
> BraseroLibburn Closing
> BraseroLibburn called brasero_job_set_dangerous
> BraseroLibburn called brasero_job_set_current_action
> BraseroLibburn Libburn reported an error SCSI error on
> write(16976,16): [3 0C 00] Write error
> BraseroLibburn called brasero_job_error
> BraseroLibburn finished with an error
> BraseroLibburn asked to stop because of an error
> 	error		= 1
> 	message	= "SCSI error on write(16976,16): [3 0C 00] Write error"
> BraseroLibburn stopping
> Session error : SCSI error on write(16976,16): [3 0C 00] Write error
> (brasero_burn_record brasero-burn.c:2862)
>
> i could not do anything after that, the operation failed ...
>
> do you have any ideas ?
> thank you !

Can you please install k3b and try? If so, then you can add one more to
the already very loooong bug list for brasero:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero

To install k3b (note it will pull in a bunch of useless kde crap):
$ sudo apt-get install k3b
I think you'll find that if k3b doesn't work, then you probably have
hardware issues. Note: k3b does also have it's bugs (albeit very small
compared to brasero):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/k3b