Thunderbird icon in Unity launcher

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 17:51:34 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 10:37 AM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 12:12 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>> That is the one I followed also.

>>> Those are the ones I used and I tried them all thinking maybe the
>>> resolution had something to do with it.
>>
>> And it still doesn't stick for you? Review the instructions again&  make
>> sure that you "Now drag and drop your launcher from
>> .local/share/applications to the Launcher Bar on the left on your Screen."
>
> No. I just tried deleting everything and started over following the
> instructions step by step.  I also tried by following the instructions a
> little farther down about changing icons.

Odd. Worked for me - twice. I even modified the launcher (via the
terminal) in ~.local/share/applications to add command line launch
instructions (-mail -browser).

Sorry, don't know what else to suggest. Switching back to Ubuntu Classic
now... Unity drives me crazy; I waste too much time trying to figure out
how to do the simple things I do daily with standard GNOME.