MRBS (Meeting Room Booking System) Problem

Dan Radu Dragomir radu at aom.ro
Thu Aug 25 19:22:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 16:36 +0530, jiten jha wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I am try to install mrbs on ubuntu 10.04 . I have download MRBS tar
> file untar it . Copy MRBS folder in a /var/www/ path.
> I have installed mysql server and client, php.
> Login in a mysql and create data base " mrbs" create tables . and user
> privilege .
> when I open firefox anf type there " localhost/mrbs/web " then it is
> working .
> When I click on login icon put user name root and passwd "123456".
> It is giving me unknown user name and password.
>
> I search on google but not getting any answer and not getting same
> software .
>
> So please help me to solve the problem . How i can access it .
>
> --
> Regards
> Jitendra Jha

Even though this is an completely different problem then ubuntu itself i
think (from what you asked) it's more of an installation/configuration
problem as it appears you have created the database yet you've not
populated it.

But anyway, I am sure you'll find a better ending to your story if you
follow the steps inhere:
http://mrbs.sourceforge.net/view_text.php?section=Documentation&file=INSTALL

btw that's exactly the official install documentation but i bet you
missed the link for it when you downloaded the archive :)

Regards,
Dan