How to add new notebook in Tomboy Notes?

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 13:00:22 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 04:01 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> This may seem like a silly question, but bear with me.  Using Tomboy
> 1.6.0 on Natty the only way I can find to add a new notebook is to
> right click in the area below the list of notebooks on the Search All
> Notes display.  That is ok until there are sufficient notes that the
> list fills the window.  Then there is nowhere to right click and one
> has to mess about making the window larger and once the window gets to
> the size of the screen it becomes even more tricky.
>
> I looked in File, expecting to be able to add a new notebook there,
> but File>  Notebooks does not appear to do anything.  Googling led me
> to [1] which suggests that File>  Notebooks has a submenu Add New
> Notebook but I am not seeing this.
>
> I searched Launchpad but did not find anything.
>
> Colin
>
> [1] http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/07/ubuntu-tips-how-to-manage-simple-projects-using-tomboy-notes/

Colin,

I just looked at Tomboy on my notebook that has Natty.  For me
File-->notebook does not show a sub-menu either.  If you do File-->new
you will get a new note. On that window to the far right is Notebook.
Clicking on it will pop up a menu that will allow you to create a new
notebook.  Not that efficient but better than what you are doing now.

Regards,  Jim