Downgrade Thunderbird 6 to Thunderbird 5 from PPA

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:01:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 19:01 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 18 August 2011 18:56, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I am a regular tester and triager of Virtual Identity. The fix is
> > already released and Thunderbird is now working again. However, I do
> > need to know how to handle these situations for software that I am not
> > in contact with the devs.
> >

> Oh well that's good news and quick too!
>
> > Alan, what is your opinion of Yum?
>
> My only experience of it is negative, and not on Ubuntu, so I guess
> that's not helpful :D

They DID come up with one nifty feature, back when ...instead of
updating an entire package, you can just install the diff files. No need
to update the doc files, for instance, if they aren't also updated, so
yum would just install the bits you really need, which is great for
limited bandwidth users. It does require investment in that schema by
the repos, to handle both means of updating a package. Updates were
quick, I have to give them that. Ric

Linux user# 44256