No subject

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 23:51:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 17:37 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 08/13/2011 05:22 PM, Tero Pesonen wrote:
> > You said saving bandwith was the entire justification for plain text; it
> > is not the justification for me, as my earlier reply explained. Nor is
> > to other users whom I know to prefer plaintext. So in case yours was
> > meant to be a universal statement, let me opine that that no, bandwith
> > restrictions are not the only justified reason to send plaintext.
>
> I can't tell if this is the straw man playing with fire or if this is
> just plain trolling either way, just because I state it's the
> justification means it's obviously about /only me/?

Heh, you can't win, Jordon, when the subject line of this thread started
off empty. <chuckles> Tero, since Unix has been around since the dawn of
time, old geeks are used to using plain text and for eons bandwidth has
been a consideration. So, as this list notes on the sign-up page, plain
text is what is used here. So is bottom posting (or middle post) and
trim. So, it is what it is, the list preference. No pink unicorns with
sparklies allowed. Plus, a person can readily print out the summation
(FIXED!) of the back and forth email exchange to a resolution in a case,
for reference. On just about any printer, including a Teletype 33 or a
Qume.

Now you know, sin no more, you are absolved. And welcome to the list.

Ric

Linux user# 44256