Re: Tomboy – where are the files?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:18:59 UTC 2011

2011/8/10 Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>:
> On 10 August 2011 19:51, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Using Ubuntu 10.10 I found that Tomboy no longer seems to save my
>> notes in ~/.config/tomboy or in ~/.tomboy.
>>
>> In ~/.tomboy I found 19 notes I think, but they were old; the newest
>> one was from February 2010, and I wrote tenths of notes today
>> (something like 50 notes, I think).
>> In ~/.config/tomboy there were no notes at all.
>>
>> As a workaround I let Tomboy sync them to a local folder
>> (~/Tomboy-synkronisering). This works great, so now my new notes are
>> backed up among my other files to my USB drive every day, but now to
>> my question:
>> Where are the ORIGINAL files?
>
> Try ~/.local/share/tomboy
>
> Colin

Thanks! Two people with the same answer can't be wrong… ;)

The .local folder was in my ”Excluded”- file, which was why rsync
never backed them up to my USB drive.
I have removed the .local line from that file and my backup is running
right now. Hopefully my notes are included this time.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ