HP Colour Laserjet 3500 and ubuntu 11.04 - incorrect colour printing

Andrew andy.allen at virgin.net
Wed Aug 10 20:09:17 UTC 2011

I recently installed 11.04 on my Dell PC having been using 9.10
successfully for some time. I've got a problem getting my HP Color
Laserjet 3500 to print colours correctly despite installing the latest
version of hplip-3.11.7.run. When I print the test page from the HPLIP
Status Service icon all features appear correct except the Color Wheel -
the colours aren't correct according to the lettering around the wheel.
Also I've tried printing a document with colours and they're completely
wrong, eg red comes out green, but the printer appears to work fine with
black & white documents so presumably the driver is correct in this
respect.

The printer is on a small network so it's connected to a JetDirect
server (en3700) and has worked absolutely fine with all previous
distros, with the correct driver installed. When I read the info on
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/color_laserjet/hp_color_laserjet_3500.html
it seems to suggest that HPLIP won't work with a JetDirect server. If
that's right, which driver do I need to download/install to get the
printer to work correctly in ubuntu 11.04?

Andy