Test msg!

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Aug 9 15:41:52 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:52:19 pm Larry Shields wrote:
> On 8/9/2011 9:18 AM, Tero Pesonen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 14:33 -0500, Larry wrote:
> >> *This has been the problem, I can not now send any email using TB via
> >> Charter, for it will not work, so in thinking that maybe GMAIL or KMAIL
> >> would be better, I have tried it, but I am not seeing any of my postings
> >> like I used too...
> >>
> >> I see what you are saying, you sent this email using your SMTP server,
> >> which is Charter, but like I said Charter will not let me send any email
> >> via another ISP...
> >
> > You mean that an internet service provider blocks SMTP connections to
> > other SMTP servers than their own, and on all SMTP ports, not just 25?
> >
> > Now that doesn't make any sense to me... why would they do that?
> >
> > If I buy am account at say Fastmail or Tuffmail or Luxsci or whatever, I
> > most certainly will be using their SMTP server instead of some ISP one,
> > which may or may not be up when I need it and probably spews out spam
> > like there was no tomorrow, affecting also my own email delivery.
> >
> > Tero Pesonen
>
> *The problem has been this, I am not using my ISP Charter.net, I am
> using someone else's ISP, so when I try to get my email from Charter,
> that works fine, it is when I try to send email to charter it does not
> work anymore like it did before...This is the whole problem...This
> persons isp is CenturyLink a dialup, but that should not be the problem,
> what I have now been told by a fellow on the list here is, that charter
> will not let another isp send my mail to charter, you have to be
> directly connected to charter for it too work...

My brother, when he is back in North Dakota, uses Charter's online mail editor
to send.  He does hate the interface they provide so he edits in his normal
Kmail editor then copies and pastes to the Charter editor.  It works fine for
him.

https://web.charter.net/login/email_login.php?error=access_control&bounceto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.charter.net%2Ffiles%2Fcharter%2Fredirect.php%3Fto%3Dwebmail%26type%3D%26framed%3D%26logoutok%3D%26splash%3D

He is several zipcodes away.  They just ask for the zip of the original
location and use that SMTP server from wherever you currently are. You do have
to do each mail separately, you can not send batch mail but it works from
remote locations.  You are already paying for Charter's service, why not use
it?
--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403