Test msg!

Tero Pesonen mail at tpesonen.net
Tue Aug 9 14:18:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 14:33 -0500, Larry wrote:
> *This has been the problem, I can not now send any email using TB via
> Charter, for it will not work, so in thinking that maybe GMAIL or KMAIL
> would be better, I have tried it, but I am not seeing any of my postings
> like I used too...
>
> I see what you are saying, you sent this email using your SMTP server,
> which is Charter, but like I said Charter will not let me send any email
> via another ISP...

You mean that an internet service provider blocks SMTP connections to
other SMTP servers than their own, and on all SMTP ports, not just 25?

Now that doesn't make any sense to me... why would they do that?

If I buy am account at say Fastmail or Tuffmail or Luxsci or whatever, I
most certainly will be using their SMTP server instead of some ISP one,
which may or may not be up when I need it and probably spews out spam
like there was no tomorrow, affecting also my own email delivery.

Tero Pesonen