tool to list details of MP4 files

Sharl.Jimh.Tsin amoiz.shine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:52:57 UTC 2011

在 2011-08-07日的 15:38 +0300,Tero Pesonen写道:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2011, Chris Jones wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm looking for a tool in ubuntu that can tell me exactly what streams an MP4 file contains, both the video and audo streams, the codecs, etc. The main piece of information I am after is the number of audio channels (stereo, 5.1 etc.) in each audio stream.
> >
> >Ideally command line, but GUI would be fine.
> >
> >I've searched around and not found anything that gives what I need. I sure there must be something but I just not looking in the right place... ?
>
> On my 10.10, there's a package called mpeg4ip-utils, containing:
>
>  - mp4info - display information about tracks in mp4 file
>  - mp4dump - dumps contents from mp4 files
>  - mp4trackdump - dumps track information
>  - mp4tags - sets iTunes tag information
>  - mp4art - extract iTunes cover art
>  - mp4videoinfo - dump information about video tracks in mp4 files
>
> Maybe that helps.
>
> --
> Tero Pesonen

oh,it seems that the package "mpeg4ip-utils" does not contain those
packages you listed on Ubuntu natty.

there are only libmpeg4ip-0 and mpeg4ip-utils two there.

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.