tool to list details of MP4 files
mail at tpesonen.net
Sun Aug 7 12:38:25 UTC 2011
On Sun, 7 Aug 2011, Chris Jones wrote:
>I'm looking for a tool in ubuntu that can tell me exactly what streams an MP4 file contains, both the video and audo streams, the codecs, etc. The main piece of information I am after is the number of audio channels (stereo, 5.1 etc.) in each audio stream.
>Ideally command line, but GUI would be fine.
>I've searched around and not found anything that gives what I need. I sure there must be something but I just not looking in the right place... ?
On my 10.10, there's a package called mpeg4ip-utils, containing:
- mp4info - display information about tracks in mp4 file
- mp4dump - dumps contents from mp4 files
- mp4trackdump - dumps track information
- mp4tags - sets iTunes tag information
- mp4art - extract iTunes cover art
- mp4videoinfo - dump information about video tracks in mp4 files
Maybe that helps.
More information about the ubuntu-users