Natty heats up Sony Vaio Laptop

Samuel samuel.derous at scarlet.be
Thu Apr 28 17:57:48 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've read there are some serious power regression problems in the Linux kernel
from 2.6.38, which seems to use from 10% to 30% more energy...
Sinds I upgrade my kernel I have heard my fans doing a lot more work than
usual. I don't know that's the problem, though.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15943&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Phoronix+%28Phoronix%29