First impressions of 11.04

Noah Duffy n.milo.duffy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:48:04 UTC 2011

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. I on the other hand wasn't too excited
about Unity. I know they make the classic Gnome session available, but I see
they're going to try and do away with that by default for the 11.10 release.

To make life easier on myself, I've switched to Debian. Everything works as
it did in Ubuntu, but now I can enjoy a longer release cycle and also avoid
Unity. I've had a chance to use Gnome 3 and enjoy it. It's polished, but not
perfect. By the time it makes it to Debian stable, I think it will be a
treat to use.