Run-Level 1

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu Sep 30 04:58:56 UTC 2010

Hello Liam,

Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 6:20:01 AM, Liam wrote:

<snip lots of good info>

>> LP> In the '80s I loved outliners, but it's a software category that's
>> LP> just Gone Away.
>>
>> Agreed - I miss it...

LP> Absolutely!

LP> Perhaps that should be the spur for me to learn a modern
LP> programming language. To write one!

Not a programmer, but I'd help with that. The best solution would be
for OO to put in a good outliner. There would be LOTS of advantages to
having a well-coupled outliner in that package.

LP> I have, since I got your last message, looked at two free
LP> "outliners" for Ubuntu, JreePad and KeepNote. Neither is what I'd
LP> call an outliner at all - they are more like structured
LP> text-note-taking apps that keep a hierarchy of notes.

True - I was using Notecase in MD. OK but not really that good as a
real outliner.

Thanks again for all the info...

--

 rikona