Installing Ubuntu on a machine with Windows on it - dual boot?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 28 11:36:37 UTC 2010

I'm a long time Linux user and most of our machines here run Xubuntu
10.04 with Windows XP running as a guest in Virtualbox when we need MS
Word and such.

However I'm thinking a really real Windows XP would sometimes be
useful.  I'm about to put Xubuntu on a new netbook (Acer) which has XP
Home on it at the moment.  When I install Xubuntu will I be offerered
the option of shrinking the XP partition and installing Xubuntu
alongside it or do I have to do something special to get this to
happen?

There's nothing significant/important on the XP installation so if it
all goes pear shaped it's not a disaster.

--
Chris Green