ubuntu 10.10 gnome-terminal response a bit slow than before

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:58:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 09:03 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/27/2010 05:43 AM, Thomas Yao wrote:
> > Hi all , I upgraded my Lucid to Maverick
> > Everything works fine but I found that in gnome-terminal, after I
> > inputed the command and typed enter, it costs me more than 0.05s to
> > give the response and start execute the command
> > It's only a bit slow but I can feel that and think maybe it's a big problem.
> >
> > The gnome-terminal version of Maverick is 2.31.91
> > And the Lucid one is 2.30
> >
> > I installed the 32bit system.
> >
> > Anyway to detect what's wrong with it ? Thanks
> >
> Open up another terminal and run 'top';

Best advice he could get. On the initial startup of a newly installed
system there are several culprits running that eat the CPU at first.
Just a plain updatedb, at the wrong time, will do that. If the OP spots
what is eating cpu and/or memory using top, he'll spot the problem right
off, most likely. Ric

Linux user# 44256