Just about driven to pull my hair out with Firefox

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 08:31:08 UTC 2010

I just wanted to update this thread as I seem to have found the cause
of my problems with pages stalling in Firefox (and other browsers). In
the end, it looks like maybe my hardware (the Atheros AR2413 chip)
isn't well supported by the ATH5K wireless drivers. I'm not making
this statement based on any large amount of research I've done, though
it does seem like others are having similar problems with this
hardware, but rather from practical experience: plugging a network
cable into the laptops network port.

After I plugged in the cable, I disabled wireless and my machine is
working flawlessly.  No stalls, no slow loading pages, nothing. I plan
on doing more testing to make sure I'm correct, but it looks like
slightly unsupported hardware.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this in case anyone else might be having
similar problems. Yes, I know it's short on technical details but
that's all I have at the moment.

Thanks,
Anthony