Don't ignore older media types - was WTF?! NO floppy in Lucid or in Meerkat!

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sat Sep 25 12:07:13 UTC 2010

> BTW I still have a little stack of 5.25 inch floppies, a couple of nice TEAC
> drives that take them and a few of the edge connector type floppy drive
> cables but unfortunately BIOS support for these appears to have been dropped
> on this PC.

:-O

/me weeps as he remembers the day he threw out his 5,24" floppies which
had stuff like Fireteam 2200.

Then there was the day a Year 6 teacher sent two of his pupils to get
some 5.25" floppies (HUH?!? What age do we live in? I don't run a
museum-though I wish I did) for their computer history project only to
be disappointed.

Let's demand support for the 1.2MiB floppies too! AND the LS120. AND the
ZIP disk.