Install failed - solved, and got ext3

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 22 02:41:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:19:08 -0700
rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

> To review a bit - I want to be able to mount the Ubuntu partitions
> with Mandriva 2008, which does not know about ext4.

The partitioner included with the installer will certainly do EXT3.
If /boot isn't needed (really?) then your plan looks good as long as you
do format that swap partition as linux-swap.

I'd still do it all with the included partitioner.  It works well.
Look around in it before committing to any changes.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs