ls is getting killed

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Sep 19 17:07:04 UTC 2010

Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Just another wild guess: Could it be that the partition with your
> > /home directory doesn't have any space left?
>
> Well I had just installed the OS so this possibility I do not seem
> correct. Before this error occurred I had removed office and many
> other packages (from synaptics)
> which exist in many normal home users.
> The  worst case for me will be to re install complete OS.

Ah, that's another hint. Maybe you removed a package that is vital for
Gnome? You could try

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

which should reinstall what is necessary.

> I just logged in via Ctrl+Alt+F1
> and using cfdisk to check if the partition is filled up I got
> following error

Well, cfdisk wouldn't tell you how much space is left on a partition,
but from your other mail I see that you found the df command already.

Nils