ls is getting killed

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 16:43:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Just another wild guess: Could it be that the partition with your /home
> directory doesn't have any space left?
Well I had just installed the OS so this possibility I do not seem correct.
Before this error occurred I had removed office and many other
packages (from synaptics)
which exist in many normal home users.
The  worst case for me will be to re install complete OS.
I just logged in via Ctrl+Alt+F1
and using cfdisk to check if the partition is filled up I got following error

"FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 1: Partition ends in the final
partial cylind
Press any key to exit cfdisk "

in above message there is no typo error I have typed exactly as it gave.

--
Tapas