grub

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sat Sep 18 11:22:57 UTC 2010

< snip >

> If you upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04, you'll get GRUB2.

I have tried 10.04 and use it on my laptop. Unfortunately, I was unable
to get my Wacom Bamboo working as I like it to so changed back to 9.10
on my Desktop machine. I was under the impression that 9.10 used Grub2
but this appears to not be the case in my version.

> If you just need to reinstall GRUB1 to get an older version booting,
> here is how:
>
> Get the old version booting, don't worry about adding Windows to the
> boot menu. Then upgrade it and the newer version will add Windows in
> for you.

I have no need, that I know of, to have Grub1 but thanks for the
reference.

Norman