Any suggestions, please? -UPDATE - BUT JOY

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 15 13:26:45 UTC 2010

On 15/09/2010 22:13, Christopher Chan wrote:

>> No - the same model but with a few more thingies does have dual-bioses,
>> but not this one (GA-7N400-L).
>>

> Hey AMD matey!
>
> That's a...nice old system you got there.

When I went "serious" after the initial couple of years of having
anything to do with PCs (after C-64 and related :-) ) the only thing
which was acceptable to me was the AMD - Intel "sucked".

The pre-loved mobo which I bought yesterday is the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe.

It's marked as "working" - and I don't doubt it - but I'll know tomorrow
(provided I am not interrupted by such mundane things like cutting the
lawns...... :-( ). Anyway, it will be either tomorrow or by no later
this coming weekend.

> The latest low-end AMD AM3 processor and motherboard might set you up
> for another three/five years? Especially them solid capacitor boards.

I'll like to know more. Can you give me some references to reading material?

(Reason why I ask is that a group of us used to go every weekend to the
Computer Fair held here every Saturday and we used to keep up with and
talk about all the "latest" - but one of our members got himself deaded,
we called him 'Nick', from a heart-attack 5 years ago (to the month)
while driving home to his new home in the country, and since then the
"group" fell apart, and I have not kept up-to-date with developments.)

> Unless you want to wait for the Fusion...

Cold fusion or nuclear?

BC