umask, ACL inheritance and setgid +s not working with copy from flash drive in nautilus

Andy Graybeal andy.graybeal at casanueva.com
Tue Sep 14 15:46:03 UTC 2010

> Is "/etc/X11/Xsession.d" the right place for your umask?!

I'm not sure where to put it -- but it seems to work in
/etc/X11/Xsession.d, when I remove it it doesn't work correctly.

I also have it in /etc/profile to cover my bases.

-Andy

andy.graybeal at buddleia:~$ cat /etc/profile
# /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for the Bourne shell (sh(1)
# and Bourne compatible shells (bash(1), ksh(1), ash(1), ...).

if [ -d /etc/profile.d ]; then
   for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh; do
     if [ -r $i ]; then
       . $i