HTK (a tool for speech recognition ) installation on Ubuntu 10.0.4

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:14:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 20:42 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Jitender Kiraria wrote:
> > I tried to install HTK (a Tool for Speech Recognition )  on Ubuntu
> > 10.0.4 But I failed......If anyone has any idea about how I can
> > resolve these errors ,,,,please,,,,,,,please,,,,,please  help
> > me,,,,,Its very urgent( for my Minor Project)........
> > The errors are as follows........
>
> > HGraf.c:73:77: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

It appears he's trying to build from a tarball, as a plain-jane apt-get
install would not require that, or would install the dependency if
actually needed. Just checked, HTK is not in the repo's I'm sub'ed to,
so he has little other choice than to compile. To do that, he will need
all the dev files that the script needs. I'm surprised that ./configure
didn't catch the missing lib files and report that lack. Ric

Linux user# 44256