Serious Bug in Lucid Lynx OpenOffice Writer

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 19:35:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 18:16 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 12 September 2010 18:01, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Can we end this thread?  I think we agree that it is a problem with
> > large/complex files in OOo 3.2.0.
>
> YMMV. I don't agree to anything of the kind, myself; terms like "large
> complex doc" are not precise enough for testing or isolating
> behaviour.
>
> >  We don't need any specimen files to
> > prove that.
>
> I disagree.
>
> >  We also know that the same files do not have a problem with
> > OOo 3.2.1 that will be in the upcoming 10.10 release.
>
> Hey, look, it's your problem, not mine; I have had no issues with
> arbitrarily large documents, so far.
>
> But I must say that I find your response unhelpful and rather rude. HTH. HAND.

I'm sorry you feel like that.  I did do some serious testing and put my
results on the bug in launchpad.  They are, as I said, as conclusive as
possible that there is a problem with 3.2.0 in 10.04 but it is not there
in 3.2.1 which will be in 10.10.  Unfortunately, I cannot post the file
I used on launchpad as it is not mine to share.

Tony