Any suggestions, please?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sun Sep 12 00:16:43 UTC 2010

  Now I'm interested: I'll ask people at my former employer if they have
>> any stats on PSU replacement frequencies, say in 100 V Japan and 250 V
>> Oz for comparable equipment.
>>

> Which is why its almost always a good idea to connect your machine to
> an UPS.  Some have power conditioners, which is helpful if you have
> powerlines that carry a lot of noise that can muck with the
> electronics.

Too bad the old, flaky and dangerous electrical wiring/installation
where I work still fries both the UPS and the boxes connected to it.
Okay, not fry, but the UPS' battery life was sure cut in half a few
times and the new UPS still cannot protect the boxes when there is a
momentary split second blackout.