Low power computing - was Any suggestions, please?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Sep 11 21:48:35 UTC 2010

On Saturday 11 Sep 2010, Michael Haney wrote:
> As for low-power consuming PCs you can build a half-way decent Ubuntu
> system using an Intel Atom motherboard and low-wattage PSU.  I believe
> mobos with the new dual core Atoms should be available now.
An Atom board is what's in the photo.

I've seen a lower power system than mine being assembled (YouTube video
recording perhaps) but I think the few watts he saved over mine was probably
achieved by using an SSD instead of the 3.5 inch hard drive that I chose.
Unfortunately you can't yet get a 1TB SSD at the price of about GBP37 (yes
that was a special offer) that I paid for my HDD.

Dave