Any suggestions, please?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 11 07:43:14 UTC 2010

On 11/09/2010 01:49, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 17:42 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> Forgot to respond to the following.....

>>> Yeah-but it's still winter and cool in the southern hemisphere.  The
>>> predicted high for Friday at Sydney is only 20 degrees C and this is
>>> almost exactly the average for the date.  I don't know where Basil
>>> lives,
>>>
>> Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, on the east coast, just above
>> the Victoria/New South Wales border.
>>
>> [pruned]
>>

>>> Now I'm interested: I'll ask people at my former employer if they have
>>> any stats on PSU replacement frequencies, say in 100 V Japan and 250 V
>>> Oz for comparable equipment.
>>>

>> Just to clarify: we actually have 230V (+/- 10%) [50Hz] but it is still
>> referred to as 240V.
>>
> God, to deal with that AND walk around upside down, it's no wonder the
> beer consumption down-under. I'd stay drunk. :) Ric

You realise, of course, that the human eye is a simple lens and that the
image which is transmitted to the retina is, therefore, upside down.
Simple physics.

So it is the brain which makes the necessary adjustments to make you
believe that what you are looking at is at the top when, in fact, it is
at the bottom.

Which is why people in the Northern Hemisphere are under a handicap, and
have less brain-power to deal with things. In other words, their "CPUs"
are overloaded because they spend most of their brain power working out
what they see. Seems to affect those in North America the
most.....strange that...must be the magnetic field of the world as now
being measured by the European Space Agency GOCE..)

On the other hand, we here being already upside down do not suffer from
the above as we see things the right way up naturally - except for those
who live closer to the Equator (like in Northern Territory or
Queensland) where they are in a state of confusion of what is what.

BC