touchpad not working

Harry Strongburg harry.ubuntu at harry.lu
Wed Sep 8 06:04:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 02:25:25PM +1000, James Takac wrote:
> I'm at work at the moment using an Acer Aspire 1410 netbook with Ubuntu
> 10.04. I just noticed the touchpad not working here but it does under win 7.
> Currently am using a usb mouse. It used to work fine and I'm not sure when
> exactly it stopped working as I tend to use the usb mouse for convenience.
> Any ideas what I can look at in oder to try and restore its functionality?

Did the touchpad work after installing, or did it not work
out-of-the-box? If it worked before, check for what software you might
have updated recently.

I have a differen model Acer laptop, and when I used Ubuntu a while ago
on it, the touchpad did not work out-of-the-box. Something with GRUB was
the problem. So I suggest you poke around there. Sorry for no real
answer.