Help with resolution settings

Vic Main vmain at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 7 07:52:05 UTC 2010

Hi...

I need some help with the resolution settings and how to change them.
I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X card, when I downloaded the
suggested driver and activated it,
  I could change the shadow on the mouse pointer, but my choices for
resolution were 320x240 and 640x480. Not very useful!!!

The generic Ubuntu driver gives me a choice of 640x480, 800x600, and
1024,x768. I would like to have a resolution of 1280x1024 if possible.

That's the resolution I'm running on the same monitor with windows.

The monitor is a Daytek LCD 19", but haven't got the model, have to
dig around for that.

Any answers most appreciated

Vic