booting problem

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 01:35:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 09/05/2010 04:25 PM, G. wrote:

>>> It's the key between 'w' and 'r'. 'e' as in 'edit'.
>>>
>>> From the liveCD look at /var/log/apt/history.log and
>>> /var/log/dist-upgrade/apt.log to see if you can find out what packages
>>> were being upgraded & their status. You may also find info in
>>> ~/.xsession-errors that may be of use.
>>>

>> Thanks for the clarification.  So doing did not help.  Still no mouse
>> or keyboard once at the login screen.
>>
>> gary
>>

> Wait... you've go multiple threads going on here. This one "booting
> problem", another "sound problem" and "installation question- RESOLVED
> (probably)". The last two seem to indicate that you have the boot
> problem resolved. So what is the proper status of *this* thread? And,
> what did you find in the logs that I suggested?

This thread refers to my notebook.  When it was updating I lost power
(battery was not installed at that moment).  It freezes when I get to
the login screen, meaning there is no mouse, mouse pad or keyboard
response.  'E' produced the same result, e.g. froze at login after I
added that line.

THE other thread refers to a new HP G62.  I got lucid installed.  I
deleted one of the partitions HP installed.

Thanks

gary