Backup name

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:49:09 UTC 2010

>     I discovered that the thing is a Directory. To test this I tried
> from the /media/ directory:
>
>     $ /media/ mkdir disk-1

If you just made a directory in /media/ and don't have the hard drive
mounted to that directory, then you're sorta umm, not really backing
up to the external hard drive.
Did you make sure that you're mounting your drive to /media/disk-1/ ?
you could add a fstab line for the drive. Then, when you plug it into
your computer, you could have it automount correctly.
Changing the label works just as well.

> This worked fine and I am getting ready to do another backup to
> /media/disk-1/backup/.
>
> I expect it will work fine. Then I will delete all at the bad directory
> including the bad directory!
 Good luck.

~SpaceGhost