Temperamental VNC

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 19:35:52 UTC 2010

On 2 September 2010 20:23, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan at koseoglu.org> wrote:
> Michael,
> On 2 September 2010 11:19, Michael Pavling <pavling at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem is not with the VMs (those I can manage with VRDP happily)
>> but with the host - the server running the VMs.
> I've been hammering my little server with loads of VMs running off
> VirtualBox with everything coming down through the VNC server and
> everything fine. I clicked on every single button I can see - works
> here I'm afraid. I suppose all you can do now is trace the vncserver
> and see where and why it's crashing. Unfortunately I didn't spot a
> debug option for the vncserver command line but there might be
> something hidden away, check the manual.

Thanks for checking.

My VNC log shows nothing... the process just disappears. I shall have
a dig further into the log files and see if there's anything in the
Xwindow server that's playing up.

BTW Is your server up-to-date with kernel and OS updates? Just
wondering if any recent patch I have has borked anything...