Not a desperately urgent request but a quick solution would be very nice - it's about a Biorhythm program

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 31 07:58:23 UTC 2010

On 31/10/2010 17:42, rikona wrote:
> Hello Basil,
>
> Saturday, October 30, 2010, 10:03:48 PM, Basil wrote:
>
> BC>  On 31/10/2010 06:22, rikona wrote:
>
> BC>  [pruned]
>
> Unfortunately, you pruned the part that is related to the topic I was
> referring to - I'll add it back:
>
> "Of course. It is, as with many other topics, a matter of belief. :-)
> If you reeeeally want to believe that birthday biorhythms work, then
> it is not likely any good science will change your belief..."

What does this have anything to do with anything?

As I said, I did not ask for comments from the peanut gallery. All I
wanted was the name of an application for Ubuntu which would do what I
asked for.

> which was then followed by the line below

> The topic I was referring to was a discussion of beliefs.

That is YOUR problem, not mine.

All you did is waste my, and others', time in reading your diatribe.

What name of an application which I asked for you have mentioned which
would be of interest to me?

[prune]

> BC>  Asking about an application to be used in Ubuntu is now in the category
> BC>  of "off topic" is it?
>
> No it's not. It is completely on-topic. The comment was not referring
> to either your question or the specific app.

Then what the heck are you on about, for chrissake?!

> BC>  Please spell out your in-depth reasoning for this claim.
>
> I did not make the claim you state above. I am sorry you misunderstood

Then be ARTICULATE and be specific about what the heck you are talking
about.

> what was a somewhat-side-discussion between Ric and myself.
>
> Re biorhythms, many people are not familiar with the statistical
> analyses that have been made about the 'birthdate' kind. I have some
> familiarity with those,

Don't me give me this bullshit. I worked for years in an organisation
which dealt with nothing BUT statistics, statistics, statistics, statistics.

You know perfectly well that if I have a chicken, statistics will show
that between you and me we both have 1/2 of a chicken.

[pruned]

> If you need more detail, please let me know...

I don't need more detail.

Read my response(s) to Ric.

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius