Viewing pix via net - followup

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sat Oct 30 21:11:24 UTC 2010

Hello Cybe,

Saturday, October 30, 2010, 1:21:35 PM, Cybe wrote:

>> If you learn of a way to get geeqie to actually see net pix, please
>> let me know.

CRW> I'm sorry I haven't been following this thread. Do you mean on
CRW> your own network?

Yes.

CRW> I have used the remote desktop to view images on other computers
CRW> on our network. I just fire up an image viewer on the target
CRW> machine. Would that work for you?

It might. I just learned of this in another discussion. It's a mix of
win/lin boxes and I was not aware that I could do that both ways. A
different kind of problem is that some users know very little about
comps, so I need to keep it as simple as possible. A couple of icon
clicks would be about right. :-)

I'm quite interested to learn why, though, geeqie can't see net files
konq or nautilus can see, even mounted in /home, right 'next to' local
pix it can see.

Thanks for the help,

--

 rikona