Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Fri Oct 29 17:27:34 UTC 2010

On 10/29/2010 11:15 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> You are *very* confused and this is neither helpful nor informative.
> Debian is not a compiler; HURD is not remotely outdated, nor is it
> dead.

I am *not* very confused, as I run a HURD computer, specifically Arch
HURD.  HURD is far outdated compared to standards, whether you like to
admit it or not, just because it's a *research* OS does not make it
*not* outdated and if you think that just because there are commits that
it's not outdated, let me introduce you to the /real/ world.

> It is a research OS. The developers are trying to do something new and
> different and untried, and it's not finished yet. /That/ is why nobody
> much uses it; because it is not ready to be used yet.

And /they/ have said before that it will probably never be ready for use
because it's constantly in development.  Even if Arch says that you can
possibly, just quite possibly run it as a production system.  And you're
right, it doesn't matter, because the goal is to teach mostly but they
*obviously* want to get somewhere.

> It may never be, but that doesn't matter - it will have been an
> interesting and informative exercise if it never does get "finished".
> Linux isn't "finished" and probably never will be.

And who said Linux was finished again?