Scanners

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:15:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:49:40 -0400
> Bill Wright <pegasus at sc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone successfully using a page scanner with Kubuntu meerkat? I
>> have not found SANE in the repository
>>
> It's there in Universe (universe/graphics (ver. 1.0.14-9)) and working
> fine on my GNOME desktop.
>
> KDE, I dunno...

I also use GNOME, so this might be irrelevant or not helpful, but this
is one of the reasons I switched from CentOS to Ubuntu - Maverick
recognizes and handles both my scanners perfectly, with the simple
scan that comes with the install and with xsane, of which I have grown
rather fond.

I highly recommend xsane.  Synaptic and the Software Center should both have it.

Mark