touch screens in ubuntu

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Mon Oct 25 00:17:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 20:55 -0300, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
> I was out todat looking at laptops, for a possible future buy.
> One interesting news item, among others, are that many laptops now
> have touch screens. I did'nt
> see that a year ago (this is Chile). Do ubuntu play well with touchscreen?
> Anybody have experience? Are there many linux applications around
> supporting touch screens?

If I read correctly, on Mark Shuttleworth's blog, the uTouch interface
works out of the box on the Dell XT2, HP tx2 tablets and the Lenovo
T410s laptops. I have not tried this but do want to...I need to be able
to start writing about Ubuntu multi-touch, but haven't the hardware yet
to do so.

Pretty exciting stuff.

jack

> Thanks,
>
> Kjetil
>
> --
> "If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
> human face - forever."
>
> George Orwell (1984)

jack wallen
"I have eleven hours with her in a confined space. Unless she's willing
to jump off a moving train and tuck and roll down the side of a hill,
she will eventually succumb to the acquired taste that is Howard
Wolowitz." -- Wolowitz
Linux uptime: 20:15:49 up 3 days, 2:34, 1 user, load average: 2.18,
1.01, 0.84