touch screens in ubuntu

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:26:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:17, jack wallen <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 20:55 -0300, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
>> I was out todat looking at laptops, for a possible future buy.
>> One interesting news item, among others, are that many laptops now
>> have touch screens. I did'nt
>> see that a year ago (this is Chile). Do ubuntu play well with touchscreen?
>> Anybody have experience? Are there many linux applications around
>> supporting touch screens?

I've not seen it in practice, but a good friend has recently (like,
last friday) installed ubuntu 10.10 netbook remix on touchscreen
tablets and it works fine.

Note that netbook remix is good for this because, as same friend says,
"fat icons for fat fingers" (ie, finger is bigger than mouse cursor)

cheers
L.

--
Not good enough for Republicans. Peter Diamond, a 70-year-old
economist at MIT, just won the Nobel Prize in Economics. Peter