drop-down menu color scheme

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:06:52 UTC 2010

On 21 October 2010 10:58, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
> On 10/21/2010 05:26 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>> On 21 October 2010 10:23, Doug<dmcgarrett at optonline.net>  wrote:
>>> I'd like to have black letters on a white background when I
>>> snap on "Applications" or "Places" or "System"--can this be
>>> done?
>> Have you looked through the themes in System>  Preferences>   Appearance?
>>
>> Colin
>>
> Yes, that's one of the first places I looked.  It allowed me to set the
> desktop to a nice medium blue, but it does nothing for the menus,
> afaict.  I'm referring to the drop-down menus that appear when
> you snap on one of those items.  Right now, you get white letters
> on a dark gray background.

The themes set all those sort of things, there are many more that can
be downloaded online also.  For example the Human theme has black
letters on grey background.

I do not know of a way to just change the menu text colours.  Others may ...

If you google for create ubuntu theme I expect you will be able to
find how to make your own theme.

Colin