Laptop hangs with kernel 2.6.35-22 but not with 2.6.32-25...

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 20 13:46:39 UTC 2010

Hi gang!

I've an OLD HP OmniBook XE3 which worked well with 10.04

I updated to 10.10.

When I boot the machine with kernel 2.6.32-25-generic, it works
nicely... everything perfectly.

If I boot with kernel 2.6.35-22 it hangs during boot (and sometimes
displayes a whole list of text diags on the console if it didn't hang
during graphics state).

Any idea what may be wrong? Any suggestions as to what kind of settings
to play with at boot time that may have an impact difference between the
2 kernels?

Cheers,
Gilles.